To enrol at Makybe Rise Primary School there are a number of eligibility requirements.
Makybe Rise School Local Intake Area
The school priority is for students whose family currently reside within the boundaries of the Makybe Rise Primary School local intake area as determined by the Department of Education.
A map of this area is available here Makybe Rise Primary School Local Intake Map.
Proof of Residency
Parents wishing to enrol their child/ren at Makybe Rise Primary School are required to supply proof of residency.
This can be one of the following:
- A lease/rental agreement if the family is renting (with a minimum 3 months to cover commencement)
- Power –latest account
- Gas –latest account
- Statutory Declarations (1 x Statutory Declaration signed by the owner of the property, accompanied by a current Rates Notice; 1 x Statutory Declaration signed by the occupier of the property, accompanied by 3 x pieces of evidence showing the address; this property must reside in our local intake area)
Please Note: The Department of Education requires parents to advise the Principal in writing of any changes to their address and that enrolment may be reviewed and/or cancelled due to a change in residential circumstances. This is in accordance with section 16 of the Education Act.
Below are the eligibility guidelines for selection of places to Kindergarten and Pre-Primary in schools that are local intake schools.
- Children living in the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling enrolled at the school in the year of enrolment.
- Children who live in the intake area of the school but will not have a sibling at the school in the year of enrolment.
- Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling at the school in the year of enrolment.
- Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will not have a sibling at the school in the year of enrolment.
Note: If there is more than one child in any of the above categories, priority will be given to children living closest to the school, measured in a straight line from place of residence to the school.
Enrolment in our Kindergarten program does not guarantee a place at Makybe Rise Primary School in compulsory schooling from Pre-Primary. Students need to apply to the school within their local intake area for placement.
|Students attend the year level which is applicable to their date of birth.||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026|
|1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022||K|
|1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021||K||P|
|1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020||K||P||1|
|1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019||K||P||1||2|
|1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018||K||P||1||2||3|
|1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017||K||P||1||2||3||4|
|1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016||P||1||2||3||4||5|
|1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014||2||3||4||5||6|
|1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013||3||4||5||6|
|1 July 2011 to 30 June 2012||4||5||6|
|1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011||5||6|
|1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010||6|
Enrolment Age Table
For more comprehensive information on enrolments please visit the Schools and You website here.
Application for Enrolment
- Step 1. Read the Makybe Rise Primary School Application for Enrolment Part A document
- Step 2. Complete and submit the online Application for Enrolment Form below
Makybe Rise Primary School Application For Enrolment (1)
- Step 3. You will be contacted by a staff member regarding the outcome of your Application