At the end of each year parents have the option of nominating their child to be in a bring your own (BYOD) iPad class. These classes cover the years 3 to 6 and allow teachers to meaningfully integrate the use of ICT to enhance learning opportunities. The use of iPads is complementary to school learning programs and is not the only tool students will utilise each day. Students in iPads classes are still required to purchase the items on the booklist.
Children who are accepted into an iPad class must bring an iPad that meets these requirements.
This year the minimum requirements were for:
- Apple iPad Air 2, 5th gen, 6th gen (must be able to install IOS 13 or greater)
- 9.7 inch screen (no iPad minis)
- Minimum 32GB
- Wifi only (no SIM cards)
- Portable device insurance (replacement if lost or damaged)
- Internet access at home to enable updates and app downloads
- Protective Cover
- Earphones (no headphones)
- iTunes account (not shared with other family members) with a minimum of $30 available to purchase apps throughout the year.
Parents can purchase their own devices or bring a previously used device that meets the criteria.
Letters have been sent home requesting nominations for iPad classes in 2022.